LIVE fish in boys lung

LIVE fish in boys lung

Anil Barela swallowed the 9 cm fish while playing with friends on a riverside in the Khargone district of Madhya Pradesh State.

 Boys in the area commonly swallow live fish while playing near rivers, however this one went down the wrong way and entered the child’s left lung.

Anil was x-rayed after complaining of a shortness of breath. Doctors discovered his oxygen levels in his blood had dropped to an alarming level.

They then immediately decided surgery was the only option to save the boy, and proceeded to remove the fish in a 45 minute operation.

‘The fish was live and taking its last breath when the bronchoscopy was done, restricting the functioning of both the lungs resulting in low intake of oxygen,’ said Dr Pramod Jhawar, Chest specialist and bronchoscope expert.

Advertisement

Advertisement

 

You might like

There are no related posts