Detention of woman: Police reluctant to take action against MNA Naseem Chaudhry’s daughter

Detention of woman: Police reluctant to take action against MNA Naseem Chaudhry’s daughter

ISLAMABAD, Sept 1: The capital police have arrested two watchmen of a private clinic but are reluctant to take action against its doctors who allegedly manhandled and detained an American citizen of Pakistani origin and two policemen.

The arrested watchmen — Mohammad Aslam and Rohullah — were produced before the court which gave them in police custody.


The police said the accused included Dr Fazila, daughter of PPP MNA from Multan Naseem Chaudhry who is also the chairperson of National Assembly Standing Committee on Law and Justice. The MNA reportedly threatened the police and the capital administration against taking action against her daughter and the clinic.

Rukhsana Rasheed, who holds dual nationality of Pakistan and the US, was getting treatment at the clinic in F-10/2 for the last couple of weeks. On Tuesday, she came to the clinic, owned by Ikramullah Khan, and complained that the treatment and medicine given to her had failed to overcome the disease.

She demanded change of medicine and treatment but the doctors, including Fazila, an adviser at the health ministry, rejected the request and demanded their fee amounting to Rs25,000. The patient refused saying she had already paid Rs7,000 for the treatment.


As a result, a quarrel broke out and the hospital staff allegedly manhandled and detained her in a room. However, she managed to inform Rescue-15 through her cellphone. When SI Shahbaz and ASI Rizwan reached the clinic and demanded the release of the woman, the hospital staff refused and its security guards thrashed and detained them.

The policemen informed the Shalimar police who rushed to the clinic to rescue their colleagues but had to pull back. After a few moments, the additional deputy commissioner arrived on the spot and on his directive the police broke into the clinic and rescued the woman and the policemen.

The ADC also recorded the statements of the victims and the accused, which later resulted in the registration of a case against five persons.

Sources in the police and local administration said the ADC was sent to the spot by a senior officer after he was approached by the MNA to avoid any action against her daughter.


You might like

There are no related posts